Saturday, March 10, 2012

M&E Thoughts, Day 10


Morning and evening thoughts, 1908. By James Allen.


Tenth Morning
Every thought you think is a force sent out.
Whatever your position in life may be, before you can hope to enter into any measure of success, usefulness, and power, you must learn how to focus your thought-forces by cultivating calmness and repose.
There is no difficulty, however great, but will yield before a calm and purposeful concentration of thought, and no legitimate object but may be speedily actualized by the intelligent use and direction of one’s soul forces.
Think good thoughts, and they will quickly become actualized in your outward life in the form of good conditions.

Tenth Evening
That which you would be and hope to be,you may be now. Non-accomplishment resides in your perpetual postponement, and, having the power to postpone, you also have the power to accomplish-to perpetually accomplish: realize this truth, and you shall be to-day, and every day, the ideal being of whom you dreamed.
Say to yourself, “I will live in my Ideal now; I will manifest my ideal now; I will be my Ideal now; and all that tempts me away from my Ideal I will not listen to; I will listen only to the voice of my Ideal.”
Discussion: 

  1. The morning thoughts for today are really the essence of all of James Allen's writing.  Thoughts have power.  To some extent, we are co-creators of the universe we live in.  It's a much more metaphysical philosophy than simply having focused actions.  In Allen's world, thoughts themselves have power.  What do you think?  If true, why doesn't everyone use this technique to win a lottery?  
  2. While it is true that today is the first day of the rest of your life, it is not always easy to allow one's self to change.  It is difficult to let go of what is comfortable and familiar.  And often, we are not actually conscious of our own desires nor ideals.  But, if we never take a stance, sending out intentions into the universe, then we will remain stagnant and unchanged.  If you could change anything in your life, what would it be?  Why not start taking actions now toward making this desire your new reality?



In 1908, James Allen published "Morning and Evening Thoughts" which consists of short inspirational writings to be read over a period of 31 days.  Due to the age, this text is considered public domain and can be copied and shared freely.  For each day in March, I will post his morning and evening thoughts along with my own commentary.  The intention is to mold my mind and spirit, focusing on positive thinking.  Please feel free to follow along with me now or later and post your own comments attached to each post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment