Sunday, April 15, 2012

1st Week Diet Results

Tomorrow morning will be one week on the diet.  I have lost 12 pounds and measured 1/2 inch smaller around the waist and about an inch smaller around the hips.  This has not been nearly as difficult as I had expected.

I am amazed at how easy it is to pick the right satisfying foods and to keep track of the calories when cooking at home!  While mostly selecting foods with a low caloric density, I am finding that it is actually difficult to keep my calories high enough to reach my daily target caloric intake of 1995 calories.  Most days I've fallen short by 300 to 500 calories.  Part of me thinks I should eat something extra so that I am closer to my plan.  Another part of me can't see eating when I am not hungry.  I'm worried that if my calories drop any lower that my metabolism will slow and my body will try to conserve energy.

This coming week will be the real challenge.  I will be on the road, living in a hotel.  As such, all meals will be from restaurants.  I can manage with sit-down dinners in the evenings but am a bit concerned about what I will find to eat for lunch.  I don't want to bring groceries and eat at the office.  I am expected to go out with everybody else.  Often the team does fast food, Mexican, sandwich shops, Thai, and Chinese buffets.  Do any of you have advise as to what and where to eat without being hungry?


No comments:

Post a Comment