Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reduced Calorie - Journal Day 1

Yesterday was the first day of my attempt to lose weight via reduced calories.  Based on my calculations, to lose 100 pounds in one year, my personal daily caloric intake should be 1995.  I am not in the habit of counting calories.  While I have investigated many aspects of calorie restriction, I didn't even think about what foods I'd need to eat.  I had just came home from vacation, celebrated my son's second birthday with family, and then celebrated Easter. I've not planned any actual meals nor shopped for diet friendly foods.

Partly due to lack of preparation, my choices were awful.  I kept my calories down but probably did not pick foods with lots of micro-nutrients.  For breakfast, I had a Jimmy Dean's "Delight" egg and cheese English muffin.  It has only 220 calories and tasted disgusting.  For lunch, I had a ham and cheese sandwich on low calorie bread along with cheese puffs.  For a snack, a banana.  For dinner baked cauliflower, turkey burger with cheese, and chips.  My total after dinner was only  about 1400 calories.  This is way too low.  I wanted to stay at close to 2000.  So, I had a cookie  which raised me up to nearly 1600.... still too low but I wasn't hungry so didn't want to force myself to eat.

While the food choices were not ideal, I kept my calories down and wasn't at all hungry.  This might not be as hard as I had expected.  I can't wait until enough time has passed to see how much weight I am really losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment